Thursday, May 8, 2014

Oh Adrienne Miss Adrienne...

I met Adrienne backstage at the Morrison Center for Performing arts when I was there photographing Ballet Idaho's presentation of The Nutcracker she was performing in. As I always do when I see someone I want to hog for myself and photograph separately, I approached her and asked if she'd be interested, she said yes, the rest is hizzzzstory. We became friends and although she was a mere TWENTY years old when we met and started working together (Good Lord... 20. Ohhh, like 15 years ago for me...), Adrienne is a natural model, spontaneous, and a total kick in the pants. She is also always down for anything I ask her to do for a shoot, which is completely rad, because trust me I ask some crazy shit of my friends and clients. There's really no place for demure, sheepish wallflowers in my world! 
So she and I have hung out, downed some shots, talked boys, she kicked my ass at pool, and so on an so forth, but photographing her in a ballet or fashion setting is by far the best. She needs pretty much zero direction, encouragement, assurance, or validation. 
In short: Hell on Heels. ...or pointe shoes.


Gear used: Canon EOS 60D, 18-135mm 5.6 EFS, 85mm 1.8 EF





These shots were done years ago, with my ISO jacked to the roof and when I barely knew what I was doing with my camera or how to work it, but they still remain a few of my faves, grain, highlights 'n all. 



Spatter effect editing applied in Photoshop CS6




No comments:

Post a Comment