Friday, May 30, 2014

Color, glorious color. Don't be afraid of it!

In post process editing, no matter how many times I tell myself to desaturate an image in order to try something different, or make yet another black and white, I can hardly ever bring myself to do it! I am just naturally drawn to splashing, vivid color. And there's so many ways you can apply it to your image when you edit. Whether it be deepening the blue of a sky, bringing out the greens in a landscape shot, painting some pink on a girl's lips in a portrait, I love it all. It doesnt even have to be anything outrageous, it can be so much as popping the color of a flag or a piece of fruit that changes the draw of your entire image.
With today's software, and wherever your creativity and imagination can take you, photographers are able to colorize anything in the most dramatic ways. There's no limit. And if you want a subject's hair electric pink, you do it! If you want to create a fall look when it's not even fall, now it's easier than ever. The CS6 color replace tool will be your best friend!
I've chosen several of my own works to showcase here, just to urge anyone on as to how fun, different, magical and quirky working with colors can be. What MORE can you do with that one photo by getting crazy with color?

Gear used: Canon EOS 60D, Canon 5D Mark III 
85mm 1.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, 10-22mm wide angle







...trees dont always have to be green, do they?

Add caption


Fall, nothing like it. I didn't alter color here at all, just amped it up a bit.

By texturing in some bokeh color, 3 birds on a wire against a stark gray sky looks much cooler after.




No comments:

Post a Comment